Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sri Pathanjali Yoga Sikshana Samithi - Yoga Class

Sri Pathanjali Yoga Sikshana Samithi (Regd) Karnataka was founded by Sri A.R. Ramaswamy in 1980 at Tumkur, Karnataka State, South India. He is more popularly known as Ramaswamy Anna among his Yoga friends. He was inspired by eminent Yoga Gurus Padmasri Dr BKS Iyengar, Sri Mallyadi halli Raghavendra Swamy and Sri Ajith Kumar.

With a great mission in mind, Sri Ramaswamy started this yoga centre which offers free yoga training to the aspiring yoga students, to make more and more people lead a healthy and happy life by practising yoga as a part of their life. Today the Samithi has more than 325 Yoga teaching branches, most of them are in Karnataka. More than 10 lakhs of families have already got benefitted from his vision.

Sri Ramaswamy visits each branch of this Samithi and makes sure they are working satisfactorily.

These are some of the photos during one such visit to one of the branches in Bangalore. When he visits the Yoga branch, he demonstrates the yoga asanas to the students and corrects them, if he finds any one doing it "not-so-right-way".

























His visit is usually followed by "Chandini"programme and "Mathru Bhojan".
More photos can be seen shortly.

12 comments:

  1. Is there any branch in Bommanahalli, Bangalore ?

    PLEASE ANYONE LET ME KNOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. at last i found one website about our samithi. Even i'm one the student of this samithi. and i was in the plan to create a orkut community for our samithi brothers and sisters. will you help me with that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not in orkut now. I will discuss with my yoga teacher and get back to you. You can see more photos here - Surya namaskara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I attended Sri Ramaswamy guruji Yoga camp in Hyderabad. I have no words to express about the peacefulness which I experienced throughou the training.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment.
    I'm glad to know that you too were lucky to have attended one of the yoga camps conducted by Sri Ramaswamy guruji. I agree these camps are amazingly peaceful and joyful!
    Hope you are continuing yoga practice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi All,

    I'm Glad to see these pics on the website. I was attended AR Ramaswamy Sessions which were held in SevaBharathi. He is a marvelous trainer. I felt like met a great soul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can anyone tell me is there any brnach of Patanjali Yoga shikshana samithi in basavangudi/Banashankari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One good centre at Srikanteshwara Temple, chennamana Kere achukattu
      Yoga training from 5.30 to 7 am

      Delete
  8. Can anyone tell me is there any branch of Patanjali Yoga shikshana samithi in Bommanahalli/Roopena Agrahara/Madiwala in Bangalore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Someshwara Shiva Temple, 3rd Cross Road, Stage 1, BTM Layout, Madivala, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560068 Yoga classes are being conducted regularly on all the days of the week from 5.30 to 7.00am.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to know whether any yoga classes are being conducted in and around Koduchikkanahalli (Lake city) BTM III Stage. Please let me know.

    ReplyDelete